Keeping it simple


I wanted to enter two challenges with this card but i just couldn't find a vibe. Im struggling a little bit with guilt of owning so many ink pads and stamps and not using them so i went back to basics.. No colouring (well the vellum was pink and i coloured it!! does that count.)

I love the Kaszazz swirl and lets face it, it can be used on anything to give it a bit of jazz... this card however is just not jazzy! I wasn't goign to post a photo but i just sat down in the craft room and looked at it and thought you know its not that bad, someone will appreciate it. A teacher may end up with it (sorry teachers of the world)

The two challenges I participated in for this card were ABC Christmas Challenges which is A is for Angels (ie. Angel wings.. I have fairies... but no angels so the wings are it!)
and Friday Sketchers. I quite liked the sketch this week, and had these fabulous ideas of doing a "lead light' effect on the bottom windows, i did try it but really didnt like the outcome. I will be trying this sketch again in the future though.

Lesson's learnt from this card.... sometimes ideas do not come to light!

Also, its driving me nuts. I am looking for a tutorial for using nestabilities with cuttlebug embossing folders, so the nest makes a frame in the card front with the embossing of the cuttlebug folder behind it. I have looked all day for the tutorial which i knwo exists and I cant find it. If anyone wants to send me a link for it... it may put me about of my misery.

Im officially banned from card making until i clean up my sewing/craft room AGAIN!!!

7 comments:

  1. I really like this Pen, clean and simple cards are often the best I think. Great card,love the Kaszazz angel wings and flourishy swirl thing (my 2 favourite stamps). Hugs Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jodi.
    I love the angel wings but often i wonder what you can use them on. I even made a shrinky dink with them.. now that was cute!
    pen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card :-) I love these angel wings and the simple design of this ,,, the embossing and delicate swirls are fab !:-)

    Happy New Year :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous Penny..TOTALLY stunning.. Bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Penny and those wings are fabulous.
    Thank you for joining in the first ABC Christmas challenge and hope to see you back.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those wings are beautiful! love your twist on the challenge,

    Thank you for joining in our first of many ABC Christmas Challenges!
    Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.